Our client is a European leader developing software for self-driving vehicles.
We're a fast growing team unified by our goal to deliver level 5 autonomy, trialling Level 4 in a major London project by 2019, we're solving interesting and difficult problems to service millions of people daily.
With experienced founders, world-class scientists and professor supervision, our team is accelerating advanced research learning and applying in the real world.
Having recently secured significant funding, we're looking for energetic, driven people with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, control, and computer vision. If you think you fit the bill, please let us know. We would love to hear from you!
What will you do
* You will work in the mapping and localisation team, mainly focusing on online localisation using vision and LIDAR data in urban areas.
* You will experiment with and implement state-of-the-art algorithms for localisation using vision.
* You will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, control, localisation, computer vision, simulation, distributed computing and automated testing
* First or Upper Second class degree, or equivalent, in computer science, mathematics, engineering or physical sciences, with a strong mathematics content, from a top university (PhD would be a plus)
* Significant experience and strong skills in programming with a language such as Python, modern C++, or Java
* Experience in SLAM, sensor fusion, localisation and/or robotics, with a strong mathematical background.
* Experience with deep learning/computer vision and libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe, and OpenCV would be a plus.
* Highly motivated to solve real-world problems
* Experience with ROS is a plus
* Join the European leader bringing autonomous vehicles to market and feel like there is a part of you 'on the car'
* Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit
* Have immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team
* Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really matters
* Enjoy a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and stock options
Our client is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for vacancies. If these details are requested for any vacancy you see with us, please report it to us via our contact page.
Apply above for Research Engineer jobs in Cambridge.