Smiths Medical in Ashford is seeking a Credit Controller to join the company on a permanent basis. The role will require fluency in Italian.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a large organization which is passionate about improving and saving the lives of patients through high quality, innovative medical devices and services, with the opportunity for future career progression.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage a portfolio of customer Accounts Receivable Accounts; with primary emphasis on their timely collection.
* Contacts past due customers via phone, email or letter to collect past due balances.
* Analyse assigned portfolio to identify delinquent/past due or at-risk collection accounts.
* Monitors credit holds and account status and credit availability.
* Reconciles customer accounts.
* As required support other areas of the finance team by undertaking regular reporting which includes in part sales/accounts receivable input.
* This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
* Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Less than University Degree (Associate degree) or technical equivalent preferred
* Fluency in Italian - written and oral.
* High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors or Associates degree in Business Administration or a related field of study is preferred. Business to Business collections experience strongly preferred.
* Related experience required
* Knowledge of Microsoft applications (particularly Excel) preferred, Oracle ERP system is a plus
* Strong communication skills Proven ability to solve problems
Smiths Medical is a leading global provider of medical devices for the hospital, emergency, home and specialist environments. Our products are used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery, and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
We offer 11 of the most respected and easily recognisable brands within our portfolio: Portex?, Medex?, Deltec?, Level1?, Pneupac?, CADD?, BCI?, Jelco?, Medfusion?, Graseby? and Surgivet?.
Smiths Medical employs some 7,850 people, with manufacturing concentrated in the US, the UK, Mexico, Germany, Czech, China and Italy. Most territories are serviced through wholly-owned local sales and distribution companies. As part of Smiths Group plc, a FTSE 100 UK based company, Smiths Medical is well positioned to invest in continuous improvement, technological innovation and customer service
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for vacancies. If these details are requested for any vacancy you see with us, please report it to us via our contact page.
Apply above for Credit Controller ? Italian Speaking jobs in Ashford.