Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to refuse management, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will touch, see and benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
We provide a range of professional, civil engineering, construction and maintenances services across the utilities sector into clients such as United Utilities, Severn Trent, Scottish Power and National Grid. Managing and delivering big project solutions as well as repair and maintenance activities, Amey are a renowned, respected and innovative tier 1 supplier across the industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as we look to further strengthen our finance team to support our Utilities capital projects businesses across the United Kingdom.
We are looking to appoint a talented and ambitious Finance Manager, to join our Utilities Finance team based in Preston, Lancashire. In this rewarding role, you will be responsible for providing financial analysis and insight to the leadership population to enable and drive performance improvement and strategic growth. At the same time, you will be key to ensuring the required level of governance and financial challenge is observed and delivered across the contracts.
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will lead the management accounting teams to deliver a consistently reliable accounting service to the business, ensuring all internal and external accounting and reporting requirements are delivered to a high standard and in accordance to reporting timescales. Ensuring support of all efficiency activities through standardisation and targeted use of technology to reduce the cost to serve whilst driving integrity and compliance.
What are we looking for?
* ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified with proven post qualification experience in a similar role
* Strong IT skills including good knowledge of SAP, Excel and Business forecasting tools (ie BPC)
* Experience of outsourced project/service based industries, or construction preferable
* Experience in delivering a high quality financial reporting outputs across multiple stakeholders across a large matrix business.
* Good knowledge of accounting practices, statutory regulations and reporting requirements including experience of forecasting / budgeting
* Experience in Business Unit reporting for multiple contracts in a concise and articulate manner
* Track record of delivering process improvement
* Proven experience of developing and managing teams, both direct and indirect reports
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for vacancies. If these details are requested for any vacancy you see with us, please report it to us via our contact page.