Are you looking for your next career move, a chance to become part of an established and sustained company, or just simply looking for a change, then this is a chance not to be missed!
Spring Technology are currently recruiting on behalf of one of our leading private sector clients.
Based in Welwyn Garden City the client are looking for an experienced Data Scientist on an initial 3 Month contract.
The clients focuses on solving complex business problems and developing data products that can be deployed at scale to there customers. The Clients Data Science Team is made up of multi-disciplined researchers and practitioners with varied backgrounds from both academia and the business world.
The core responsibilities Include
• Developing data products that can be deployed at scale both internally and externally
• Supporting the automation of decision making across the business
• Optimising processes for key business objectives
• Conducting deep dive exploratory analysis to inform strategic decision making.
• Solve Data Science problems and participate in the majority of the project lifecycle with minimal support from senior team members
• Understand difficult business problems and prototype solutions
• Analyse and link complex datasets so that they may be learned from or optimised
• Build mathematical models on top of big data architectures to gain deep insights into opportunities to improve the clients customer experience.
• Communicate complex solutions in a clear, understandable way to non-experts.
• Experience with different programming languages and a good grasp of at least one language - Python, Scala, Java, R (or similar)
• Understanding of common data structures and algorithms. Understanding of time and space complexity
• Use of version control (Git)
• Experience working with open source Data Science environments
• Knowledge of open source big-data technology such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, MapReduce
If this role sounds of interest to yourself and you are suited to this role please send your CV to (apply button)
All candidates will be spoken to regarding this role prior to submission of the CV,
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.