I have an excellent opportunity for Data Scientists to come and work with one of our blue chip organisations, based in greater London this will be on a 6 month contract with a high chance of extension due to workload.
As a Data Scientist, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Solve Data Science problems and participate in the majority of the project lifecycle with minimal support from senior team members
• Understand difficult business problems and prototype solutions
• Analyse and link complex datasets so that they may be learned from or optimised
• Build mathematical models on top of big data architectures to gain deep insights into opportunities to improve the customer experience and the business
• Communicate complex solutions in a clear, understandable way to non-experts
Promote data science across the business, and promote the brand across the external Data Science community
The Ideal Candidate will have the following
• Experience with different programming languages and a good grasp of at least one language - Python, Scala, Java, R (or similar)
• Understanding of common data structures and algorithms. Understanding of time and space complexity
• Use of version control (Git)
• Experience working with open source Data Science environments
• Knowledge of open source big-data technology such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, MapReduce
• Experience building production systems would be extremely beneficial
To find out more about this great opportunity please can you send a copy of your most recent CV to (apply button)
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.