Junior SQL Developer - Walsall
My Client is looking for a Junior SQL Developer to support new and existing projects. They take data very seriously as this will help shape and progress their business over the next 5 years.
This would be a great opportunity for someone that is very keen on data with experience with SQL, looking to learn their craft.
As you become more knowledgeable and experienced, the role will involve:
• Manage the build & quality of data marts and the Data Warehouse.
• Proactively support managers across all functions by providing creative and innovative solutions.
• Maintain an understanding of developments supporting the integration of new IT developments in line with changing business needs. Effectively giving support and guidance to other colleagues.
• Ensure that any inaccuracies/inconsistencies in the formation are quickly resolved and that the integrity of the data is maintained.
• Communicate complex concepts and methodologies to stake holders with varied levels of seniority and experience.
• Understand all risks and processes for which they are responsible for managing
• Assure the adequacy of systems and controls for managing risk in all delegated and retained responsibilities
• Manage the above by production and receipt of regular MI and periodic quality audit reviews
In this role you will gain exposure to:
• Designing and implementing a SQL server Data Warehouse(s).
• SQL Server Data Warehouse implementations
• SQL Implementation of physical database models.
• Querying and stored procedure creation
• Codd Data Modelling Third Normal Form
• SQL Skills for selecting and reviewing data in the system Excel / Access for analysis.
• Reporting skills to be able to interrogate the reports that are being queried.
• Cube implementation.
• Dimensional modelling SSAS experience.
• DW ETL and development of cube structures.
We are looking for candidates who possess a degree in a relevant subject and exposure to SQL Development with a strong interest in data.
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.