We are looking for a Helpdesk Engineer with excellent problem solving skills to provide 1st/ 2nd line software support in the RM Results business, at the heart of educational assessment. This is a very rewarding opportunity to help genuinely appreciative end-users of RM Results' flagship product RM Assessor - the world's most widely used high stakes e-marking application, used to mark around 160 million exam pages each year.
As Helpdesk Engineer you will work in a small supportive helpdesk team, owning customer issues across their entire lifecycle through to resolution. You will work closely with our Service Consultants, Technical Operations and Development teams and be involved in project work to constantly evolve and improve the service we provide.
RM Results are committed to providing innovative solutions to our customers, and this often includes piloting and developing new technologies. Supporting our customers in their journey through this innovation is a key responsibility of the Service Operation function, and the Helpdesk in particular. Being able to drive such positive change in the world of educational assessment and marking is a significant aspect behind why working at RM is so rewarding.
In addition to the core reactive support element of the role, due to the seasonal Spring/Summer peaks of activity, as Helpdesk Engineer you will also need to proactively plan for these busier periods with a focus on continuous improvement i.e. creating knowledge libraries, writing self-help guides and generally sharpening processes to provide a more efficient and effective service. You will also have the opportunity to work on supporting innovative new technology solutions - including for example cloud hosting, AI & Machine Learning - and help drive operational improvement activities or solutions.
As the helpdesk operates 362 days a year, flexibility to work shift patterns will be important.
* To deliver Helpdesk Team processes required for assessment sessions (e-marking and/or e-testing) * Support the system users by managing the escalation of queries via investigation and interaction with wider internal teams and or third parties suppliers. * Deliver an excellent standard of customer service, both internally and externally * take ownership of issues and see them through to completion * identify repeat issues/problems and work to minimise their impact * prioritise variable workloads to deliver tasks on time * demonstrate flexibility and a positive work ethic in all circumstances * communicate with and influence the actions of customers and colleagues * plan, write and deliver internal and external documentation and training as required * support the development and testing of future software releases * support the management of Out of hours shifts * Own internal process improvement activities for your services (e.g. outputs from lessons learnt), and contribute to process improvement activities or new service introductions across Service Operations to ensure best practice across customers. * Monitor team performance and quality against internal and external service level agreements and take action on under-performance. Provide regular feedback to the Assessment Operations Governance Meetings and own the production of the operational SLA report for your area.
Skills & experience
* Technical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent communication skills; able to adapt to users' differing levels of seniority/technical ability
* Team player with high standards
* Sound planning & organising skills
* Strong focus on proactively identifying areas for improvement.
* Outstanding Customer Care focus
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
* 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days) * Performance Related Bonus Scheme * Group Personal Pension * Private Medical Healthcare * Income Protection * Life Assurance
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for vacancies. If these details are requested for any vacancy you see with us, please report it to us via our contact page.
Apply above for 1st/ 2nd line Helpdesk Engineer (software support) jobs in Abingdon.