Requisition ID: 156711 Work Area: Software-Design and Development Expected Travel: 0 - 10% Career Status: Professional Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
What we do
SAP (UK) Ltd - Belfast helps SAP reach the goal of becoming the most innovative Cloud company powered by SAP HANA. Our products enable the configuration, management, and monitoring of cloud infrastructure in SAP's data centres. Our activities are commonly defined as 'DevOps'. Role overview
- Responsible for the delivery of assigned development tasks including new features, unit tests, bug fixes, etc.
- Responsible for operational activities related to hardware infrastructure provisioning and configuration.
- Define and implement appropriate automation of operational activities.
- Participate in mentoring interns and supporting their skill development. Expectations and Tasks
- Consistent and innovative application of knowledge, skills and competencies towards developing and evolving the software and infrastructure of SAP's Cloud.
- Support the integration of new cloud technology in to existing cloud management software.
- Collaboration with international multi-site teams.
- Estimation of effort required to complete complex engineering problems. Soft Skills
- Ability to work within a multicultural and geographically distributed team environment utilizing clear communication.
- Ability to present and engage in technical discussions with team members and management. Technical Skills
You are required to have experience and working knowledge in the following areas:
- Familiarity with agile software development processes - Experience with one or more programming languages e.g. Python, Java, C++/C.
- Experience with Software version control systems e.g. git
- Experience with Linux operating system
1-2 years' professional experience in IT/Software Development.
BSc/BEng (minimum Upper 2nd class) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent disciple.
- Familiarity with storage concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with networking concepts and technologies.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux configuration management tools e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Familiarity with virtualization technology e.g. VMware, KVM, XEN.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for vacancies. If these details are requested for any vacancy you see with us, please report it to us via our contact page.
Apply above for Software Developer Job jobs in Belfast.