An exciting software house are currently recruiting for an experienced Oracle DBA to join their team.
As an Oracle DBA you will have experience in the following:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong UNIX systems administration.
- Strong Oracle DBA skills (9/11g).
- Solaris experience (Building, installing, configuring and troubleshooting)
- Working knowledge of RMAN, RAC and Dataguard.
- Experience patching, upgrading and capacity planning for both operating systems and databases.
The successful Oracle DBA will be expected to provide systems administration on a daily basis. Daily activities can range from password resets, performance and monitoring issues to database refreshes and software/hardware upgrades.
Strong communication skills, attention to detail, ability to deal with complex problems, positive attitude and a flexible approach to work are all needed to succeed in this role.
This role comes with 2 shift patterns and out of hours support.
This is an excellent opportunity to join work for a large organisation who are continually growing and offer the chance for internal progression.