Application, Integration, Degree, Financial, Migration, Recruitment, Team, Quality, Process, system, Services, http, commercial, Technology, operations, Documentation, Databases, Play, Manufacturing, Information, MS Office, English, Develop, Problem, Specialist, help, centre, instruments, environment, Access, powerpoint, Progress, Word, Monitor, Analytical skills, profile, Multiple, Site, On-site, General, Public, market, IS, user, Processes, experience
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco's space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you. Package description Full details on application
Relocation assistance provided, (if applicable). Main responsibilities Main tasks and specific technical competencies Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Monitor and ensure the daily and intraday collection of market data from different commercial data providers. * Responsible for the correct processing of the data and the loading into production databases. * Responsible for running some basic quality control checks and, if needed, take action to ensure appropriate level of quality. * Further develop, automate and run processes to derive financial market indicators at different frequencies and aggregation levels. * Responsible for the correct dissemination of both raw and derived data to final end users in the dedicated dissemination environment. * Develop appropriate scripts and procedures for further enhancing/automating processes. * Support users as regards access to data stored in the databases. * Support the existing Financial Markets Statistics team when dealing with new user data requests and the potential integration of additional data sources. * Investigate, diagnose and help resolving potential bugs and incidents during the data productions. * Provide supports during acceptance tests during migration to the production environment as well as preparing the relevant technical documentation.
Knowledge and skills:
* Proven experience of in the management of large databases, ideally including FAME databases. * Good general programming skills and experience in automating processes, ideally also in the UNIX environment. * Ideally, familiarity with financial markets instruments.
Ideal candidate The ideal candidate should have at least5+years of relevant experience
General specifications Position-specific expectations (all mandatory)
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, information system security, or related disciplines
Generic technical competencies (all mandatory)
* Proven experience of, at least, 2 years in the management of large databases * Good general programming skills and experience in automating processes * Avery good command of English with proven drafting ability * Aworking knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint) * Agood understanding of Information Technology
* Shows commitment to the achievement of team and organisational goals * Manages multiple assignments and tracks progress on numerous processes simultaneously * Uses diplomacy and tact when dealing with colleagues or end-users * Uses simple/clear words to communicate ideas * Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation and the ability to work in a team are very important * Experience in organising/ monitoring tasks * Good analytical skills and a problem-solving orientation.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time. About the company Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 100,000 employees worldwide.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for vacancies. If these details are requested for any vacancy you see with us, please report it to us via our contact page.
Apply above for Database Management Expert - PRO-003246 jobs in Not Specified.