To be responsible for providing functional financial expertise to the practical application of assisting in the defining of process improvements in conjunction with the SAP system to achieve defined business goals and key performance indicators. To work along key stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation and integration of SAP across key business areas.
SAP SD/FICO Functional Lead
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To provide insight to the Finance leadership team on efficiencies to financial business process and best practices that focus on standardisation and compliance within US/UK GAAP accounting standards - To be the subject matter expert in respect to SAP to define financial processes, troubleshoot issues, create policies and procedures, and contributes to the documentation of system requirements and testing for system solutions - To act as the SAP business lead in supporting project implementations, enhancements, or help desk tickets from an analysis, design and testing perspective - To act as the Subject Matter Expert with experience as a SAP "super user" (specific to the SD module with acute understanding of: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Tax, Cash Management, COPA & general financial reporting) - To communicate functional requirements based on financial business processes, recommend automated solutions, and collaborate with IT to formulate detailed specifications from which IT support/development/configuration is required - To assist in gap analysis to determine the variance between financial business processes and SAP system configuration and to undertake remediation on any gaps identified through process design, re-engineering or through requesting system development - To assist in financial models that support the overall business objectives, financial reporting and key financial performance indicators - To develop and tests detailed functional designs for business solution components, processes and prototypes - To support the business as a train the trainer resource and provide one-on-one training in application use and process flow - To assist with and develop test cases and test scripts for new system implementations and enhancements - To assist in performing reconciliation and analysis on an ad hoc basis - Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with a diverse set of cross-functional business users (Global, Regional, Executive, and Individual Contributors) and influence consensus when conflicting requirements are identified - To monitor own progress towards business and individual objectives - To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, adhering to the Health and Safety Policy and associated procedures, ensuring the health and safety of oneself and others - To adhere to the company's policies and procedures, maintaining a professional standard of conduct and upholding the reputation of the company at all times - Any other duties as required in order to meet business objectives
- Previous experience as a SD functional consultant with two implementations and as FICO functional consultant on one implementation or comparable functional support experience - Educated to Bachelor's degree level or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business and/or Computer Science - Demonstrable technical and functional accounting knowledge - Functional knowledge of SAP ECC 6.0 (specifically the OTC process) in a multi-organisation, multi-currency and multi-set of books environment - Thorough documentation skills encompassing both procedures for transaction processing as well as being able to concisely explain variances through analysis reporting - Expert knowledge of financial closing, consolidation and reporting processes - A good understanding of the integration between SAP modules - Advanced Microsoft Excel skills - An adept communicator with excellent verbal and written skills, in conjunction with the ability to negotiate, influence, forge and maintain strong and mutually beneficial working relationships - Willing to work after hours to ensure requests and deadlines are met - Must be flexible to travel and work across business areas - Ability to objectively review, interpret and analyse data, processes and procedures - Highly organised and motivated with the ability to plan and prioritise one's own workload and act on own initiative - Highly self-motivated and proactive individual, with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team - Multilingual in Mandarin and/or Danish would be advantageous - In possession of a proactive and can-do attitude - Satisfactory employment verification commensurate to the requirements of the role
SAP SD/FICO Functional Lead
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours and Attitudes Required
- Commercial and Industry Awareness - Stakeholder Needs, Wants and Expectations - Microsoft Excel - Technical and Functional Accounting - Financial Closing, Consolidation and Reporting Processes - SAP SD and SAP FICO - SAP ECC 6.0 Including the OTC Process - SAP Modules - Training Tools and Techniques
- Communication and Interpersonal - Analytical and Problem Solving - Attention to Detail - Project Management - Lateral Thinking - Time Management, Prioritisation and Organisational - Influencing and Persuasion - ICT - Customer Focused
SAP SD/FICO Functional Lead
Behaviours and Attitudes
- Acts with Integrity, Trust and Honesty - Flexible and Adaptable - Proactive and Uses Own Initiative - Self-Motivated and Resilient - Professional - Committed to Continuous Improvement - Team Player - Methodical and Conscientious - Willingness to Learn Reporting Structure
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for vacancies. If these details are requested for any vacancy you see with us, please report it to us via our contact page.
Apply above for SAP SD/FICO Functional Lead jobs in Birmingham.